Classes are starting, or have already started, soon and what better way to kick off the school year with tips on how to start it off right! Whether your a freshman or a seasoned senior these tips could come in handy:
- Be prepared for class before class. A common mistake is to show up to class with no pens, paper or folders. Professors will be throwing syllabi at you and will most likely start covering material the first day. Make sure you're not caught trying to borrow what you need.
- Beware the Freshman 15. The freshman 15 is very real and it's more like the back to school 15. Make sure to stay healthy, in boyd and mind! Don't eat until your eyes pop and try to walk around at least once an hour. Get your blood pumping and stimulate your muscles!
- Buy books after the first class. I know. This does kind of contradict the first tip but professors are apt to changing books last minute or not list the right book with the bookstore. Try to use your judgement with which books to get early and which to wait on.
- Look for books online before the campus bookstore. Piggy backing off the last tip, try to find books cheaper online. Most campus bookstores mark up the books by 150% or more. This is a way to start the year off with a little extra cash!
- Remember to experience more than just classes. It's tempting to lock yourself in your dorm or house and ignore the general college experience. Try not to do that. Classes can be overwhelming and there will be times when you need to stay home and just take personal time, but don't forget to get out and have some of the classic college experiences. You'll regret it if you don't!
- 0 comment
- Tags: back to school, back to school tips, college care packages, college tips, university, university tips