A couple weeks ago, we compiled a list of some of the best beaches in the U.S., helping to remind us that warm weather does exist in some places, albeit probably not where we all live. That being said, it only makes sense that now we provide you with some tips on how to have an awesome beach picnic! Whether you’re actually heading off to a beach soon, or just waiting for summer to hit your city (four more months, we can do it!), we want to help make your experience the best it can be. Use a few or all of these tips, and trust us, you are going to have a fun and relaxing time at the beach.
- Lugging a heavy cooler across the sand is a total drag, so instead, try to carry a light assortment of food in an insulated basket or bag.
- Of the food you bring, try to limit it to finger food, so you don’t have to worry about plates and silverware!
- Set up camp on a portable beach blanket to keep the sand under you and not in your food. Here at PiecesofThere, we offer a great option, the Original Nantucket Destination Classic Blanket. Made of sweatshirt material, this comfy blanket will not only keep you safe from sand, but will feel so soft wrapped around you and your loved ones as you watch the sun set on a beautiful day at the beach.
- If you can, grab an umbrella to provide everyone a break from the sun and an opportunity to grab a few z’s without the worry of a sunburn.
- Pack some hand wipes or baby wipes to get rid of sticky or lotion-y hands—sunscreen is a great skin protector, but not a great flavor on your snacks.
- Bring frozen water bottles—they’ll melt quickly in the sun, and you’ll be left with refreshing, ice-cold water.
- Last but certainly not least, time for beach protection! Sunscreen, hats and flip flops are all necessities to protect your skin from the hot sun and sand. Grab a pair of these cool, locally made Stripe Collection Hawaiian Slippahs from PiecesofThere to protect your feet in style!