Ahhh, the college care package. I remember being in college and missing home, although I would never admit that to my parents. I found myself thinking of home while in bed at night, getting dressed, brushing my teeth, and even while eating in the dinning hall with friends. I loved college and my life there, but once the excitement of a new year wore off I would start to missed familiarity. It happens to the best of us.
Since a lot of people across the country just started their college new year, and the missing for home period is about to kick any day now, we thought it would be a good precautionary time to give some helpful tips on how to reduce homesickness. Here are things that have worked for the Pieces of There team:
- Fill your day with social activities
- Pick up a new hobby
- Work out
- Redecorate your space
- Start dating (or date more!)
- Write a letter to the one you miss
- Talk to friends living in the place you miss
- Look up pictures of the place you miss
- And...our favorite of course, send yourself or a loved one some local products from home - like, right here on through our store ;)
We hope these tips helped someone out there miss home a little less!